Licensed Home Child Care is offered in a stimulating and caring home atmosphere. The mixed age groups closely mirrors family life, helping a child learn to interact with children of different ages while promoting communication, social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development. Home based child care is the preferred option of many families, as it offers a great deal of flexibility in their child care arrangements, and provides a warm, nurturing family setting.
Financial assistance with child care costs may be available for eligible families through the local District of Timiskaming Social Services Administration Board.
Home Child Cares:
- Meet the Ontario Child Care and Early Years Act and regulations.
- Are screened, trained, inspected and monitored by a Home Child Care Consultant.
- Encourage children to develop trust, friendships, and self-confidence while exploring and acquiring new skills
- Have low child-to-caregiver ratios which allows more personal attention and responsiveness
- Complete a developmental milestone checklist on each child
- Are founded on play based and emergent learning.
- Utilize a document called How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years and the children’s interests when planning quality activities
- Provide healthy meals and snacks
- Are able to care for children 0 to 12 years old in approved ratios
- Have flexible hours and convenient locations for full and part time care, which may include evenings, overnights and weekends
There may be Providers working with our agency who are not listed on our website. If you would like the contact information for these, please contact Christine Charette Brazeau, Home Child Care Consultant at 705-672-2100 ext. 229 or Stacey Nawroski, Home Child Care Consultant at 705-679-4190.
To learn more about Licensed Home Child Care or to inquire about availability in a Licensed Home Child Care near you, please contact:
Licensed childcare spaces are available!
At locations across the district.