Licensed Home Child Care
Licensed Home Child Care is a stimulating and caring atmosphere in which children are able to develop socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. The Home Child Care program is offered throughout the District of Timiskaming. Home based child care is the preferred option of many families, as it offers them a great deal of flexibility in their child care arrangements, and provides their children with a warm, nurturing family setting with a low caregiver-to-child ratio. Financial assistance with child care costs may be available for eligible families through the local District of Timiskaming Social Services Administration Board.
Home Child Cares:
- Meet the Ontario Child Care and Early Years Act.
- Performs the Nipissing Screen on each child enrolled with the agency.
- Offers children a chance to develop feeling of trust friendship, self-confidence explore and acquire new skills.
- Offers play based and emergent learning.
- Offers home like atmosphere.
- Offers healthy meals and snacks.
- Offers care to infants 8 weeks old up to children age 12 in approved ratios.
- Offers flexible hours and convenient locations for full and part time care.
- Offers support and guidance in order to ensure quality child care.
- Click here for placement registration package/form
- Click here for potential provider application form